Rhodium plated sterling silver jewelry is a popular choice for many people due to its beautiful, shiny finish and durability. However, like all jewelry, it needs to be cared for properly in order to maximize its life. Here are some tips on how to do just that.
1. Clean your jewelry regularly. Rhodium plated sterling silver jewelry should be cleaned with a soft cloth and warm, soapy water. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials as these can damage the plating.
2. Store your jewelry properly. Rhodium plated sterling silver jewelry should be stored in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. It should also be kept away from other jewelry items to avoid scratching.
3. Avoid contact with harsh chemicals. Harsh chemicals such as chlorine, bleach, and ammonia can damage the plating on your jewelry. It is best to remove your jewelry before swimming or using any harsh chemicals.
4. Avoid contact with hard surfaces. Rhodium plated sterling silver jewelry should not be worn when doing activities that involve contact with hard surfaces, such as gardening or sports.
5. Have your jewelry professionally cleaned. Professional cleaning can help to restore the shine and luster of your jewelry. It is best to have your jewelry professionally cleaned every 6 months to a year.
By following these tips, you can help to maximize the life of your rhodium plated sterling silver jewelry. With proper care and maintenance, your jewelry can last for many years to come.
Leave a Reply