Welcome to Mens Silver Jewlery Store

The Facts About Sterling Silver: Is It Real?

Sterling silver is a popular choice for jewelry, flatware, and other decorative items. But is it real silver? The answer is yes, but there are some important facts to know about sterling silver.

First, sterling silver is an alloy of silver and other metals, usually copper. It must contain at least 92.5% silver to be considered sterling silver. This is why it is sometimes referred to as 925 silver. The remaining 7.5% is usually copper, but it can also be zinc or other metals.

Second, sterling silver is more durable than pure silver. The addition of other metals makes it more resistant to scratches and tarnish. This makes it a great choice for jewelry and other items that will be worn or used frequently.

Third, sterling silver is more affordable than pure silver. This is because it is an alloy and contains less silver than pure silver. It is also easier to work with, so it is often used for intricate designs.

Fourth, sterling silver is not as valuable as pure silver. This is because it contains other metals and is not as pure. However, it is still a valuable metal and can be worth a lot of money.

Finally, sterling silver is not as rare as pure silver. This is because it is an alloy and is more widely available. It is also easier to work with, so it is often used for intricate designs.

Sterling silver is a popular choice for jewelry, flatware, and other decorative items. It is an alloy of silver and other metals, usually copper, and must contain at least 92.5% silver to be considered sterling silver. It is more durable than pure silver and more affordable, but not as valuable or rare. Knowing these facts about sterling silver can help you make an informed decision when purchasing jewelry or other items made from this metal.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Select the fields to be shown. Others will be hidden. Drag and drop to rearrange the order.
  • Image
  • SKU
  • Rating
  • Price
  • Stock
  • Availability
  • Add to cart
  • Description
  • Content
  • Weight
  • Dimensions
  • Additional information
  • Attributes
  • Custom attributes
  • Custom fields
Click outside to hide the comparison bar
Compare